Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Year.

Wow, so it's 2012.  Crazy huh.  Things in our life have been going great.  Not perfect, but nothing is.  Some things haven't changed, ie the issues with Ciara, but there is nothing that I can do about that.  Just love her and be here when she's ready.  The baby will be here real soon, wish me and her dad and Vanna could be a part of that, especially since we were the ones she came to for help when she 1st suspected she may be pregnant.  And we were the 1st to know and support her.  She has forgotten all that, or suppressed it actually.  But it is what it is.  Kateisha has surprised me by not buying into all the drama and lies, she really has grown up and is listening to her own mind.  She's doing great, been doing some modeling and working on getting a band together.  She has her dreams; some have come and gone, some have stayed; and she's working to achieve them.  Vanna is doing awesome.  I was afraid the change of schools might have affected her, but nope, she's a trooper.  I think it helped that I didn't change her Girl Scout troop, so she didn't lose all her friends.  And she's great at making new ones.  She's doing awesome at school, already meeting and exceeding end of year expectations.  And she's going to do soccer this year.  She takes after her big sissy Ciara in her love for the sport.  I'm so excited for her games, it's going to be so fun.  Curt is, as always, doing great.  Know one can tell that just a little over 2 years ago he was in the Burn ICU and not expected to live.  Boy did he prove everyone wrong.  And then the fact that only 6 months after his accident he was back to work, at the place where his accident occurred even.  That surprised everyone as well.  But that's my husband.  I'm doing good, just waiting on Social Security to get a move on so I can finally contribute financially to our household.  I hate not having money of my own, I always feel like a burden.  But it is what it is.  And now that we have our own home, still unbelievable, we can finally own pets.  And not just caged animals.  We already have the 5 guinea pigs, who we all love dearly, but now we a have a puppy and I have my cat.  And Curt's getting his pit soon.  So overall things are good.  Couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment